Monday, October 29, 2007

I love Craigslist

Many of you know I have a little storage problem in the garage. Well its not really a problem in everyones eyes, for the past six months I've had about 1000 bd.ft. of Walnut sitting on the floor of my garage. Since I have this large woodworking project to complete (more on that in a few days) I figured I needed to get some lumber storage. So I spent last week scowering craigslist for my options, several phonecalls and a lot of internet research later here we go. The picture above was taken a week ago prior to me having any storage, that hunk of crap in the center is the pile of walnut with all kinds of stuff sitting on it.
This is a picture taken saturday afternoon. The shelving is partly up. You can barely see the Cypress siding I have left is on the top shelf.
The shelving fully installed and screwed to the wall.
I managed to get all of the walnut on the shelf. I think its around 2000lb's of wood and stuff on the shelf. I actually might be able to pull a car in the garage now. The best part about the shelves is I got all of it for $90, so if any of you want any its still on craigslist and the guy has a warehouse full.


If any of you havn't voted in the remodel blog competition please follow the link on the right that says vote for me. If you have voted pass the blog along to everyone you know. Please!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: