Monday, May 21, 2007

It's Alive!

Well I got the bamboo barrier installed this weekend. It took a lot of digging, I think I dug for about 8hrs to make the trench. We went with 24" deep 60mil plastic. Jessica and my brother helped me get the liner cut and in place. Then I spend another couple of hours shoveling all of the dirt I just dug up back into the hole.
I don't see anyway the bamboo can go through this stuff. I think it could only go over or under it. Next weekend my brother is bringing me another load of mulch and we are going to mulch the bamboo. Hope this makes the neighbors happy because it was a royal pain to dig this in.
If you look really closely you can see the bamboo sprouts. Its growing super fast the tallest stalk grew about 5 inches over the weekend.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: