Thursday, February 08, 2007

Termites - Concrete - And a Huge Mess

Well its been a busy week at the ranch. The footing for the garage addition has been dug. They encountered a foot of frost through most of the footing so it took a little bit longer than it should have. I would call it more slicing or shaving than digging but they stuck through it and got it done.This much of the fence is installed and probably after today and tomorrow they will be all the way across the back of the yard. I really like how it turned out. The hole is there so that we can access the pile of brush to slowly burn it. I've been burning the brush slowly in the large piece of corrugated pipe you see. It actually works really well and I think it may be a permanet ficture in the new landscape.
A friend of mine Ronnie came down with his stump grinder and took care of the five stumps that were in my way. The machine he had was really nice and he wouldn't accept any payment for the work so that was even nicer. He said I just had to remember him when I got rich and famous - I don't know about becoming rich and famous but hey it sounds good. My yard is suffering from all of this work - Jessica thinks our house looks like white trash - I just tell her its a diamond in the rough and in a few months we will be in good shape.

No comments: