Friday, August 11, 2006

That Smell

Well I'm writing this while listening to a little Lynyrd Skynyrd to get me prepped for the weekend. I'm done with the plywood, its only taken me what seems like 5 years to get this far. I'm posting some shots of a few of the last details to go in. I've mounted the track for the sliding doors, finished the closets and finished all of those little pieces that tested my sanity. So tomorrow my painter friend Doug (who has helped an awful lot through this whole process he's the guy in the photos that looks like a biker or a pirate) will start prepping and sealing the birch. I'm going with two coats of sealer then two finish coats of a furniture grade lacquer. My dad and Doug found the lacquer that has a hand rubbed finish look to it, its perfect not to glossy just a nice finished hue. So if you live near me and catch a scent sorry. Or if you want to come get a little contact hi come on over.

I almost forgot Sunday Jessica and I will be attending the KC Modern bowling for Modernism event. Check out KC Modern if you want some more info, I'm sure I'll see some of you there.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: