Monday, October 12, 2009

LA Trip Post #2 ; Funky Junk Farms


I mentioned in my previous post about the amazing party I attended while in LA. I have to say this was probably the most interesting party I've ever attended. I don't quite know why the party was so amazing to me, maybe I secretly want a vintage camper more than I thought. I heard that we would be attending a party at an old Trout farm that was owned by an artist couple who just happened to have a serious addiction to vintage campers. I was a little apprehensive at first, all doubt were erased as soon as we entered through a gate and onto what could only be described as a folk art paradise. Rounding the corner into the trailer park was quite the experience. Just a list of objects in attendance sets the tone. Around 100 people, chef preparing soft tacos for guest, yard beer, many many fire pits, a barrista and large espresso maker, several vintage campers, a dance shack. I was amazed at the collection of folk art and sculpture scattered throughout the park, it was an eclectic mix and one I wish I was talented enough to gather.A few shots from the lens of Bob Greenspan.

No comments: