Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Great American BBQ 2009

Last Saturday I somehow managed to find myself the job of helping out the competition for the World Brisket Open at The Great American BBQ 2009. I wish I could somehow figure out how to make that my full time job, walking around tasting BBQ and drinking a few beers with some really nice people. I recommend all of you trying to attend next years event it was a lot of fun. Here are a few shots from the day.
The Slaughter House Five team (otherwise known as the crew who started Oklahoma Joe's) were my host family for the day. My buddy Bryan is friends with them so we hung out all day and watched how the pros bbq.
The have rolling tool carts full of seasoning, brushes, thermometers etc.
One of the teams I checked on for the competition the guys who invented the Bacon Explosion (and yes I did try a bite it is good in a Heart stopping sort of way)
Their brisket out of the smoker.
slicing it up to enter the competition. They did not win or place in the top 10, I actually got to sample the brisket of the guys who won (Brew n Crew) and it was amazing.

No comments: