Thursday, February 26, 2009

New Tools for the Shop




Well it was a pretty uneventful week as far as furniture building goes. Working on some designs that aren't quite worked out yet and finishing up the drywall in the garage consumed most of the week. I did manage to spend more than my tool allowance this week on some serious tool upgrades for the shop. First up was a General International 8" jointer, this thing is almost twice the size of my last jointer and it is in like new condition. Then yesterday I picked up an old Powermatic 100 planer. This things is built like a tank, I think it was built sometime in the early 60's and has all american made parts. It tips the scales at over 600 lbs and was a royal pain getting it out of the guys basement where I bought it. It came with a neat attachment that allows you to sharpen the knives on the machine in place.

1 comment:

Eric Madsen said...

DUDE!

-Eric