Monday, July 17, 2006

Moving In!

Jessica and I were supposed to be moving in this past weekend, and as you can see that didn't happen. The project has reached 6 months and we are still a couple of months away (thank goodness for understanding landlords). So while we keep plugging away the progress appears to be going slower and slower as we get to those little details that make or break a good project.

These small details are consuming a ton of time, and pushing my patience to the limit. I'm over halfway done trimming out the windows and getting extremely close to finishing up the paneling phase of the project. I'm really pleased with the way that the windows turned out. I think they fit in rather nicely.

Hopefully this coming weekend I will be starting the closets that divide the two bedrooms. I've been working on the designs for a while now and I'm excited to get these built I think they are really going to tie the house together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did it man, that plywood butt joint never sat right with me in Seaton. That Chamfer makes a huge difference when those pieces come together. Very smooth... I dig...

Anonymous said...

Plywood looks great. beats drywall dust.
Eric